Compiled Labyrinth Lord Poll

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Would you like LL and AEC compiled in one volume or two volumes?

One volume
79%
Two volumes (separate player's handbook)
14%
No preference
6%

Total votes : 111

Re: Compiled Labyrinth Lord Poll

Postby Revturkey » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:38 pm

It’s great the book is nearly on it’s way :) hopefully I’ll be able to afford to get it.

Whilst the artist of the new cover is obviously skilled and without wanting to sound horrible...I don’t particularly like it.

The Orcus body position is a bit awkward. The colour scheme is a bit jarring. The leather strap is a bit odd. The Roman styled chap doesn’t exactly seem fitting either and the scantily clad women are going to make some folk frown a touch as well. It’s not terrible or anything but I don’t find it exactly awesome either. It just doesn’t say D&D adventure to me. More like some demonic fantasy horror game like Shadow of the Demon Lord etc...

Anyway, no worries, I guess money has been spent and that’s that but it isn’t my cup of tea really..I expect most people will love it so fair enough :)
Revturkey

Postby Stonegiant » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:07 pm

Don't feel alone. As you said its technically a good piece of artwork. I agree that it just doesn't say old school gaming to me. Personally it makes me think think of 5ed more than the game its for. Definitely not my cup of tea.
Stonegiant

Postby Omote » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:23 am

Here's a slightly altered cover of the new Labyrinth Lord Combined rulebook. I think this font is better, but I much prefer the title "Advanced Labyrinth Lord." As for the look, I certainly like the colors used and the look of Orcus' contorted demon body! The baddies surrounding the doomed adventuring party really sells me on the vile lord of the undead! But let's be honest, the people going to pick up this version of the rulebook already have or will have access to the Basic and Advanced versions of Labyrinth Lord. I seem to recall DP saying that the last version of LL and AEC will still be available, but I could be remembering wrong.

Omote

Postby Vile » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:25 am

Interestingly my immediate reaction on first seeing this was, "Right, it makes sense having Orcus in there, because demons, and Advanced Edition stuff". I think it would be a mistake to have a cover that doesn't highlight the difference between Basic LL and AEC. Orcus is kind of iconic that way.
Vile

Postby Revturkey » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:42 am

It’s also a bit odd that not one of the three heroes is paying the slightest bit of attention to the giant evil demonic lord of the undead...
Revturkey

Postby Revturkey » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:12 pm

Anyway, sorry..being too overly negative...it’s okay, just not my thing. Looking forward to seeing the Kickstarter :)
Revturkey

Postby Vile » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:28 am

Revturkey wrote:It’s also a bit odd that not one of the three heroes is paying the slightest bit of attention to the giant evil demonic lord of the undead...

Clearly he only appeared on the Prime Material in this second while they where distracted by the skeleton horde.

Or, wait ... did that magic user just summon him?!? :shock:

Or, or, or, wait! He's just an illusion and that's an illusionist not a magic-user and she's going to fool the undead army into obeying her via her fake Orcus! :mrgreen:
Vile

Previous

Return to Labyrinth Lord